Passenger car trucks

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Sep 6 17:07:58 EDT 2014

The T94 had disc brakes. There were 5 cars so equipped

JimNichols

On Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:03 PM, NW Modeling List via NW-Modeling-List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

Jim:

According to the information on the NWHS web site, two types of trucks were
used, N&W types T-89 and T-94.  From the photos, they appear to be
basically 41-N-11 trucks.  I personally do not know in more detail what
differentiated a T-89 from a T-94, or what "41" classification specifically
applied, but there are others who I'm confident can fill in the blanks.
The one clue I see is that the equalizer beam on some of the trucks in the
photos appears to be of the "flanged" type, while others are a plain rectangular
cross section.

If you're modeling, consider the distance from which the cars will be
viewed.  If it's three feet or more, in HO the Walthers 41-N-11 933-1069 will do nicely, or the IHB "Super Free
Rolling" four-wheel if  you can find some on eBay. (Do NOT use the
Rapido 41-N-11; it has rotary snubbers.  The N&W used piston snubbers,
and the difference CAN be seen from three feet.)

Hope this helps, sorry I can't help on the T-89 vs T-94, but my knowledge
just doesn't extend quite that far.

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 9/6/2014 8:17:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org writes:
 What type of trucks were used on the Budd 10-6 University and  College series passenger cars?
>Thanks.
>
>Jim Kehn
>0100

  at