Red, Blue, and the Final Answer/and a shameless plug

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 8 13:11:50 EDT 2014

Lee;

The Wuss & Looser (I'm married to one, and am from the Institute (VMI), so I can get away with it, or the Mental Institute as she calls it) is a County Series Car. They carried the school names and county names and were Budd & PS built 6-10 Sleepers. Some of the PM Sleepers & P3 Coaches carried the specific train names, like the Pocahontas & Powhatan Arrow. If you dig into the archives website you can find info on nearly every passenger car for N&W. See the following link:

http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/rollingstock.php?RRSelect=N%26W+Rwy&CatSelect=Passenger&Directions=True

>From Richard Shell's ShellScale website regarding the decals and names:

"This set is for Norfolk and Western's fleet                   of streamlined passenger cars and sleepers. Printed in Dulux                   Gold it includes heralds for both the Powhatan Arrow and the                   Pocahontas. This set can be used for either Tuscan Red or                   Peveler Blue schemes.
Car names included are:
Sleeping Cars Class S1, Augusta County, Campbell County,                   Duke University, Emory and Henry College, Franklin County,                   Hampden-Sydney College, Hollins College, Mercer County, Mingo                   County, Ohio State University, Pike County, Pulaski County,                   Randolf-Macon College, Roanoke College, Scioto County,                   University of Cincinnati, Virginia Military Institute,                   Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Washington and Lee University,                   Wythe County.
Sleeping Cars Class S2: Buchanan County, McDowell County,                   Sussex County
Additional Cars: Appomatox, Buchanan, Chilhowie, Claytor                   Lake, Cuttyhunk, Galax, Island Regal, Island Rose, Lowry,                   Pocohantas, Roanoke, Shenandoah, Sunstar Rose and Vulcan.
Diners: Frederick J Kimball, General William Mahone."

Another website that might help is George Ellwood's Fallen Flags site, which is temporarily down and should be back up very soon.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin
Buford, GA