Homasote vs pink foam board

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 7 14:43:46 EDT 2014

its a matter of decision choice with homasote or foam board, I always
use Homasote as I do a lot of handlaying track or used to and the spikes
hold firm. I've gone to more flex/snap/premade switches for the detail.
I've experimented with some other insulation board that had qualities
like homasote but it could not hold a spike firm. When homasote spreads,
it pushes back, that firms a spike, but the insulation board spreads and
does not firm back, no solid spike hold.
If you are not spiking and gluing down track, foam board is AOK, but I
can never use it.

for a turnout controller (manual or electric) I like this

http://www.humpyard.com/

I havent seriously checked the other 2 mentioned yet.

cheers

-Lynn-