N Scale GP18 question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Apr 7 15:23:18 EDT 2014

Hi, I'm new to the list-wasn't sure if this was a modeling or a prototype question, but since modeling is the intent, I'll put it here.

I have a LifeLike GP18 in N Scale, one of the older ones, that is number 923, painted for N&W in the all-black with yellow letters scheme. My question is this: were any of the handrails painted yellow when the unit was new? I have looked for a color photo of this particular locomotive online to no avail. The model came modeled in all-black, but looking at other photos of GP18s, it looks like the end handrails were painted yellow. I'd like to fix that on my model if that's the case.

Thanks,
Cameron Talley