GP9 Medallion

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Apr 7 13:13:27 EDT 2014

Thanks, Ken. I can see why the "6 spot" would have non-standard lettering, as the tank is so short. Apparently the non standard lettering on the Alco's was due to the distance between vents on the long hood of the RS3. Not a problem on the RS11, but having given Alco a stencil for the RS3, why change it? Interestingly, the louvers on the GP9 did not bother them, as the steam era lettering goes right over them. So we still have a problem lettering an as delivered RS3 or early RS11. But then, we have some problems modeling the N&W RS3 in the first place.

Jim Nichols