Getting 611 back in steam

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 9 19:03:31 EST 2013

Barry

I am not speaking officially, but things are moving along well. There is enough money to restore the 611 at present, NS just donated 1.5 million dollars towards the project. The thing now is raising money to build a maintenance facility to house the 611 in at VMT when not running. That is the biggest hold up right now, and that takes additional money.

If folks want to see the 611 out running again, dig deep into those pockets and find some green, and not green lint! The sooner they raise the money, the sooner she is rolling. A shop is a critical aspect of the process after the initial restoration, and the intent is to keep her operable for many years.

Ken Miller