Coal mine Blueprints??

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Oct 12 17:18:55 EDT 2013

On 10/12/2013 4:34 PM, NW Modeling List wrote:

> Hi!

> I need some help! I have spent most of the past 2 Saturdays searching

> the net for Blueprints for a West Virginia style mine. I am building a

> large model railroad based on the Pocahontas Division From Williamson

> to Bluefield. I have the track charts for the division and it names a

> number of mines. However I have come to face the fact that trying to

> model each and every mine accurately would probably eat up 2 - 3

> lifetimes just doing the research! LOL SO along that trend of thought

> I have decided to model a few as close as possible and the rest will

> be based on practices of the time.

> I am looking for a book, set of articles, web based site I may not

> have found that has a mine broken down into it's basic components.

> Then of course I need some key dimensions like how high the floor is

> above the rails. Picking table and screen arrangements. If I wanted to

> build a Colorado mine a lot of this is on the net but so far WV has

> been a bust. Any one have any insights please share them with me!

When researching our models, we did not find much in the way of WV
drawings out there. Spent a lot of time buying and reading books, and
finding photos on the web so we could create reasonably accurate kits.

One place to start is here....
http://www.appalachianrailroadmodeling.com/bookreview.html

Take care
Bill

--
== Scale Model Railroad Products ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill and Diane Wade

B.T.S.
1782 Trinity Rd
Belington, WV 26250-7621

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.