N&W Blue

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jun 2 01:15:54 EDT 2013

I too use Scalecoat and Scalecoat II ATSF Blue. I've done this going back to the 70's. Likewise it matches Oriental Ltd/Challenger brass N&W models and Athearn's newer models (Atlas uses a darker blue and Overland uses a lighter blue). I dare say that there were variations of N&W/Pevelar blue when looking at prototypes. I have literally thousands of 35 mm slides of N&W units during this era and the tint of the blue absolutely varies. With that said I still pefer and continue to use Scalecoat ATSF blue to paint Pevelar Blue N&W units.

Ed Painter - born in Bluefield,WV, christened at the Presbyterian Church in Welch,WV and native of Giles County, Virginia -