Paint color - Blue

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri May 31 08:56:41 EDT 2013

Russ,

In the original Norfolk Southern photos of 8103, Casey had lightened the
photo to highlight the black trucks, therefore causing the blue in the photo
to show incorrect. In my professional opinion, Norfolk Southern got the N&W
blue correct.

I do have the code for the original formula but it is no longer valid. When
the paint companies recently changed their formulas many of the older
colors weren't included so the original code is useless. We have run into the
same problem with the N&W red.

I will try to get the new code they used for 8103 as well as what they are
currently using on their business cars.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
ShellScale Decals
www.shellscale.com

In a message dated 5/31/2013 8:14:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,