N&W operations stories?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Mar 20 18:31:17 EDT 2012

Hello,

Does anyone know of any books or articles describing the operations of any particular branch or turn on the N&W in steam days?
The kind that would describe the moves actually made with track descriptions or the reason one engine was used over another.

What I am thing of here is more articles like the one Ed King wrote( "Flagging Instructions / An Inside Look at Mine Train Operations")
in 2004 Jan/Feb issue of The Arrow, Or the really terrific books written on the operations of the Interstate RR by Hugh and Ed Wolfe.

As a young-in (1963) who never got to see the real thing, I really enjoy those sort of stories, articles and remembrances.

Thanks

Tom Lewis