G1 model questions

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Oct 28 22:19:42 EDT 2011

I want to build a model of a G1 2-8-0, starting with an old MDC 2-8-0
that I picked up cheap on ebay. It needs a tender (none on the model)
and a new cab, belpaire firebox, and pilot, along with smaller details.

First of all, does anybody know of a readily available source for
drawings of this class? What I really need are drawings for the cab and
tender.

Has there been a commercial tender manufactured in HO scale which is
reasonably close? I certainly don't mind scratch building it, but if I
can buy a good model or easily bash one, why do the extra work?

Is there a good (preferably brass) pilot casting that matches the ones
on these engines? The horizontal tubes seem both distinctive and
fragile, so I would prefer to buy one already made and correct, rather
than making my own that might not look right or survive long.

Thanks,
Ken

--
Kenneth Rickman