Modeling N&W RS-3s in 1956

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Sep 21 20:41:32 EDT 2011

-I can appreciate your dilemma and fustration finding the proper RS-3 car body. I am modeling the transition period when the NW purchased the NKP. In that merger the NW picked up 22, RS-3's from the NKP numbers 535 thru 557 renumbered 2535 thru 2557. Of all the first generation diesels the RS-3 has and still is the most difficult to obtain a decent representation of the actual units. I'm not a rivet counter but you can't pass a RS-2 off as a RS-3 and even be close. This Winter I plan on somehow making at least 4, RS-3's for my roster. Again good conversation on this site and useful information. I'll be looking for the Stewart RS-3 car bodies for sure. Thank you everyone.