Modeling N&W RS-3s in 1956

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Sep 16 16:55:09 EDT 2011

The RS3's were purchased to operate on the Lynchburg to Durham line not to Winston Salem. Shortly after purchase they were tested in a number of different locations on the railroad since 8 units were not need to operate the few trains on the Durham line. Also four GP9's were purchased shortly after the RS3's.  Harold Davenport