TURNOUTS

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Aug 11 08:43:45 EDT 2011

Ed; If you remove the outside sub-rail tie braces you should be able to further reduce the curvature of the turnout. When you turn the turout over, there should be a series of braces that hold the ties together that run on the bottom side of the rail. You can remove every other one in order to help change the curvature. You'll see pretty quick how small of a radius you can reach. I doubt that you will be able to get as small as you appear to need without hand laying the turnout. I don'y know of anyone who has ever mad a turnout that tight. Regards,Russ GoodwinBuford, GA