Sunset 4-8-0's

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri May 27 10:13:26 EDT 2011

George:

With DCC, the control signal rides, in a sense, on top of the power being
sent through the rails to the engine. If the decoder has power, it has a
control signal. The only exception might be if something such as a
constant lighting diode or an old PFM sound circuit was still on the
engine. They might cause strange symptoms. It seems more likely that
putting the body on your frame somehow messed with your decoder wiring and
when you switched to the DX123D you also fixed whatever wiring issue you
were having.

Bob Huston