Sunset 4-8-0's

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu May 26 15:20:09 EDT 2011

Actually, my question is more about isolation of the motor from the frame. Is it needed? I hate the little plugs, even if they are Deans, so I have been hard wiring the harnesses, isolating the drawbars, and modifying the tenders to isolate the trucks from the tender frame so I can use one truck for each rail for power. I cooked a Digitrax 163 decoder in January, and haven’t tried again on that engine. I’ve pathetically just run the other M as DC. Still unpainted.

Mark Lindsey
Stuck in the 1930's