Every modelers need

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Apr 28 13:05:00 EDT 2011

On 4/28/2011 11:24 AM, NW Modeling List wrote:

> Wonder what the cost to transport it per mile is?

(snip)

Good ballpark cost to start with is around $12,000.

The West Virginia Railroad Museum has moved a tank car from Baltimore to
WV, a 50' gon 100 miles in state, a caboose from VA, and a passenger car
from PA. All required a large crane on each end of the trip and two
trailers - one for the body and one for the trucks. The gon was the
cheapest at $6,000, the tank car ran $8,000, the passenger car was
around $22,000. Naturally, distance makes a difference as does various
permits required in different states. Four years ago we moved two
2-8-0s from PA to WV. That required four trailers and two very large
cranes on each end of the trip.... $97,000.

12" to the foot modeling gets expensive!

Take care
Bill

--
== Scale Model Railroad Products ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill& Diane Wade

B.T.S.
RR 1 Box 141A
Belington, WV 26250

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.