N&W caboose paint schemes

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Feb 7 13:18:39 EST 2011

Thanks............at nearly 60 it seems at times that my mind has momentary failures.....thanks for refreshing what I should have known already! Your note is interesting and informative. I was aware of the white stripes as pool cabs. So would it be correct to assume that ex-NKP C-5Ps, C-6Ps, C7Ps as well as C-9Ps on the Western Region were likewise modified with these upgrades? (Tonight I'll get out my N&W Cabooses book and take a little refresher course on N&W pool cabs and the suffix "P".) I seem to remember the white cupola markings on some cabs without the "P" suffix........ maybe C-18s and C-20s? I may also look through my 35mm slides of N&W cabs. All this is interesting. Thanks again.

Ed Painter - Narrows, VA; currently living in Arkansas ( I lived in NE Ohio from 1971 to 1979 due to AEP transferring my Dad to Canton)