K3 and unstreamlined K2 Re: Giant 1956 - K1

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 3 20:25:00 EST 2011

Hi Mark;

Keep in mind that the K3 locomotives left the N&W in the middle of WWII; and they were a disappointment from the beginning.

The K2 locomotives were all streamlined immediately after WWII. There was a huge increase in filming after WWII due to advances made during WWII that brought the cost down and increase availability of film and cameras (some surplus) that made it much easier to make films.

Nigel