another passenger car question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Dec 31 08:25:09 EST 2010

Lightweight coaches, class Pm, built 1941 for N&W by Pullman Standard. Both photos are of the original 1946 Powhatan Arrow. In image NS3963, the third car is a heavyweight diner class De, but the photo lab "airbrushed" its clerestory roof out of the picture. Not the only time publicity photos were doctored to make every car in a train look streamlined. When the new equipment for the Arrow arrived in 1949, all the cars were lightweight streamlined.

Looking at image 3681, you can see the dining car as it really existed.

--Rick Morrison