restoring position light signal

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Oct 29 18:59:16 EDT 2010

Folks,

When I set my CPL up I retained the 10 volt bulbs that came with it. As for a power supply I used the Home Depot house brand Maliblu (Hampton road) transformer that puts out 12 volt DC. I chose this system as you can use the the malibu light type cord with to your signal and then it now weather proof. The regular Maliblu system is pricey so the knock off has worked great for years now.

Along with the automotive bulbs malibu, Ace etc do sell a bulb that has the same mountings. None of the bulbs have burnout as of yet. Take care in removing the bulbs as you can break them(ask me how I know) being in the field with big gloved hands it is a two stage set up meaning you can remove a socket with the bulb and then pull the buld out if it is stubborn, this socket can be balky also.

Any observations or further questions you can contact me off line at nwpoca at hotmail.com

P.S. any one know why the NS business train was in Bluefield on 10/17? I was down there and they parked it on the empties yard on the westbound main. It was empty and had a special agent escort.

Mike Ritschdorff