my O scale M project

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Oct 4 04:45:37 EDT 2010

Tom

Nice job! Keep plugging away at it.

Jim Kehn

In a message dated 10/3/2010 8:04:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org writes:

All.

As promised I started taking pictures of my O scale 4-8-0 project to post.
Here is a preview. I have been scratch building the mechanism for the
last year plus. The boiler, cab and cylinders are from a plastic model I
bought several years ago. The new mechanism has drivers I purchase from
Locomotive workshop several years ago. The rest is my first scratch building
attempt. The frame was milled from brass bar stock and is assembled with
2-56 screws. All four drivers are sprung and powered by a faulhaber motor
and NWSL gearbox. I will be purchasing a Sound Traxx Tsunami dcc decoder
with the whistle recorded from the 1218. The next thing to be done is the
baker valve gear.

The biggest thing I have learned so far is that every tool needs a friend

:)

enjoy

Tom Lewis

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org