Scale v. Detail NW Modeling List

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Sep 2 04:15:53 EDT 2010

 Interesting discussion, I have thought a lot about it. I model HO because my fingers are too large and eyes too poor to properly do N. N offers a lot of advantage if you can handle the size and delicacy. For me Z is a novelty. In the pictures it is beautiful, but in reality it is just too too small to be practical. Your abilitys may make that a moot point. Space makes larger scales less desirable. Besides I am heavily invested, for now, in HO.
 The main thing that drove me to HO from N years ago was the price and availability of items in HO. The price gap has narrowed somewhat with HO going up more than N coming down, but that is another discussion in itself. The ovaerall availability and selection in HO just keeps me in this scale, although my eyes and clumsiness my force me up to 1/4 scale.