Signs

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Apr 26 12:43:51 EDT 2010

Hi, Jim -

I'd have some serious concerns about the durability of cast-resin
rails in this kit. Given that Giant Hands will be moving around the
layout, breakage WILL happen. I'd suggest the code 55 rail instead.
Buy one bundle of rails, clip it into appropriate usable lengths,
(perhaps 2x the visible height above grade,) and include THAT with the
kit. Faster to produce, nominal cost, AND most especially, durable. A
flexible plastic like HDPE would be even better, but then you are
looking at injection molding.

My 2 centavos,
- Marty Swartz