City of St Louis (NW Modeling List)

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 25 16:53:00 EST 2010

Speaking of low grade UP coal, about 25 years ago I was visiting with the UP folks at North Platte. There had been a derailment of a coal train west of the yard and we went out to view the clean up. I made an un-wise comment. It looked like the coal had been cleaned up to me but there was a lot of greenish looking dirt I though laying around.  My comment about a good cleanup of the coal met with puzzeled looks from the UP people. The greenish dirt was their coal. Harold Davenport