Train Master ?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Feb 9 11:16:01 EST 2010

I have not seen a color shot of an ex-Vgn trainmaster in blue. However,
there are many black and white shots of them with the half moon herald.
Since the black half moon scheme was used a relatively short period compared
to the blue half moon scheme, it is just possible that at least one of these
is a shot of a blue trainmaster. Again, no smoking gun; but never say
"never." Ed is right about the Wabash units being different. On page 242 of
the Withers/Bowers First Generation Diesels book, the 3598 is misidentified
as ex-Wabash, when the louvers clearly identify it as ex-Virginian. (and
identified as such in the roster data) Compare with the ex-Wabash 3594 at
the top of the page.

Jim Nichols