Train Master ?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Feb 9 00:36:13 EST 2010

I don't recall any ex-VGN H-24-66 Trainmasters being painted blue. All the ex-Wabash H-24-66 Trainmasters were blue as best I recall from seeing them at Bellevue, Brewster, or Roanoke. The problem with a blue ATLAS Trainmaster is that all the Wabash units were re-engined by ALCO prior to the merger (with stack and hood air filter modifications different than FM standards). Additionally the Wabash units had walkway variations that are different than the previous runs by ATLAS. Unless ATLAS is doing some significant Trainmaster model variations blue wouldn't be accurate. For a reality check....does anyone have a picture of a blue ex-Virginian H-24-66? Not H-16-44's ......I have shots of several ex-VGN H-16-44's in blue.

Ed Painter - Narrows, VA currently living in Russellville, AR