Baggage car samples

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Feb 2 23:51:56 EST 2010

The leaf spring is poorly depicted in these trucks. Jim - it isn't supposed to contact the equalizer; the bottom of the leaf spring rides on a spring plank suspended from the side frames by swing hangers. The side frames are connected together by cross members outboard of the leaf springs and the swing hangers are suspended from those cross members. But the leaf spring could be extended far enough inboard of the equalizer so that you wouldn't have that objectionable open space there. The leaf springs were in series with the springs between the equalizers and the side frames.

EdKing