N&W maroon passenger cars in 1949

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Dec 1 09:25:30 EST 2009

My freelanced RR is set in 1949 and hopefully will include some passenger
cars from the N&W as run-through cars. What I am needing to know is how
wide spread would the application of the maroon be during the late-40s to
older, heavyweight cars. Would head-end cars be carrying this paint? And
which "version" of the paint would they have, the red or the metallic?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
--
jerry
<jmlaboda at gmail.com>

I hate getting old... I have learned a lot of things, I just can't remember
much of it anymore.

Passenger Car Photo Index - UPDATED 12/14/08 WITH OVER 6250 NEW LINKS
ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!