Walthers PS 10-6 Sleeper

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 9 17:10:43 EST 2009

I would say that eventually the three sleepers from the original N&W were painted blue. I also saw Sussex County painted blue. After the Budd S-1's were sold, that left only the three S-2's. Remember that was about the time N&W absorbed more sleeping cars than it needed from Wabash and NKP.
The merger may have been one reason N&W sold off those 20 nice Budd builds to PRR to be stripped to bare metal and converted to coaches.

--Rick Morrison