Alco N&W G-1 2-8-0

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Nov 5 17:50:32 EST 2009

I recently acquired an Alco N&W G-1 2-8-0, HO brass model locomotive.
It had a gearbox with zinc disease, which I managed to replace, and
a few other, minor, problems. It now runs fine, and looks good to me.

I tried Googling the model, without results, and no hits on eBay
either. The Brown Book says "quality problems", but not much else.

Can someone tell me more about this nice model engine ?

Was the G-1 very 'popular on the N&W ?
What is the N&W modelers opinion of this model ?
Why there is so little info around on the model ?
Any idea what the model is worth ?

Dave
http;//daveayers.com
http;//brassbackshop.com