USRA 4-8-2?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Oct 26 08:09:02 EDT 2009

I took a Spectrum heavy mountain and Spectrum J shell and made a K2. I cut
off the Bullet nose and removed all the extra length on the front of the
boiler. I also shortened the firebox on the forward end so it didn't over
lap the rear driver. I am sure a Light mountain could be used as well. I
used the spectum J shell since it comes apart into multiple pieces and is
easier to slice and dice accordingly. The old J shell could be used as
well.

John Rhodes

If you have any other questions email me at johntrhodes at gmail.com

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org