Atlas announces N scale offset 2 bay hoppers in N&W

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Oct 16 10:54:00 EDT 2009

Atlas has announced their 2 bay offset hopper in the N&W 1963-1970 "hamburger" scheme:

http://www.atlasrr.com/NFreight/n2bayoffsethopper2.htm

These represent class H-51 ex-P&WV cars built in 1947 - acquired by N&W in the October 1964 merger. Cars in this class were off the roster by the early 1970s (per the Dow book).

Based on the artwork and recent Atlas N&W hopper offerings, I expect the printing and lettering to be crisp and accurate.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but the next run of Atlas N scale Alco C420s will be offered in N&W:

http://download.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomotives/hoc420/0309/C-420%20Ph2%20HN%20N&W.jpg

See the Atlas website for details.

Mark Peele
Catonsville, MD