Soundraxx Southern Steam decoder into a Bachmann J DCC ready Ho loco

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Oct 7 18:18:48 EDT 2009

The decoder might be set up for 16v lights? Just guessing. I fried
my J's lights with a Soundtraxx Steam decoder from 2002? era. Sounds
great, but I cooked the LED lights. I'l re-visit the lights with MV
lenses and Grain-Of-Dust lights.

I hate my Bachmann J because of the wimpiest mechanism I've even seen
in a 'modern' HO steam engine.
I'm seriously looking at Gutting it and putting in a real motor and
NWSL gearbox.
This all depends on axle diameter.
My Brazelton "Auto-Quarter" is for 1/8" axles and slightly smaller
Brass imports size.

Mark Lindsey
Stuck n the 1930's.