P2K GP30 speed?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jun 6 11:19:39 EDT 2009

Apparently the circuit board in the P2K's has resistance in it which slows
the speed. I found this out the hard way a few years back when I was
powering a B unit for a friend. Figuring that I didn't need a headlight, I
did away with the pc board (this was before DCC). The unit ran much faster
(like an Athearn). So I had to put the pc board back in to make it run at
the same speed as his A unit. I have no experience with DCC, but understand
that it will allow you to program units so they will run together. (Ask
somebody who knows) Jim Nichols