Research for G scale

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Mar 11 13:22:46 EDT 2009

My research is going well on the project for producing large scale N&W A
class and J class locomotives. We are discussing what versions of the
locomotives to do. So far we are have discussed the in-service and excursion
versions of #611 and #1218. Can the list members please provide some insight
to the following questions. Other loco numbers being considered 610, 612,
613, 1200, 1210, 1217 and 12 42.

What are some of the differences between the in-service and excursion
version of #611?

What are some of the differences between the in-service and excursion
version of #1218?

Did both 611 and 1218 use the boards on the tender coal bunker? Was this for
in-service or excursion service only?

The Bachmann auxiliary tender that originally came out with their HO J
class, is it an accurate representation of the auxiliary tender 611 used? If
not are there drawings available for aux tender used in excursion service?

Did 1218 and 611 use the same aux tender or did they each have their own?

Thanks for your input.

Jon Kelley

norfolknwestern1218 at comcast.net