NW-Modeling-List Digest, Vol 63, Issue 4

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 5 08:24:59 EST 2009

Peter

That is a conduit for the flashing lights hung from the center of the
roof over the platform. It was added by the N&W when the cabs were
electrified in the late 1970s or so. My 342 had that, and was wired
inside, but had never had batteries installed before it was retired.
It was mainly for use on mainline service. To backdate it to a VGN
model, it will need to be removed. I did so on the 342.

Ken Miller