NW-Modeling-List Digest, Vol 62, Issue 26

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Feb 17 12:15:19 EST 2009

I am just finishing my first two of the F&C battleship gondolas. I found the instructions a bit thin and used the advertising shots of Rich Yoders O gauge brass models to help me out. I have used the Athearn 6 wheel buckeye truck (from a US company called Lantz Hobbies who supplied 10 sets) rather than the F&C casting, more out of time saving than anything else. The one piece body kit goes together well and I'm very pleased with the results. However with two brake systems, lots of handrails etc (thank heaven for the cordless Dremel) they are not a one evening project but good value for money with regard to level of challenge and overall enjoyment in building them. I used Bill Mosteller's excellent transfers (sorry, decals) for lettering - diagram very helpful. Hope this is useful, Peter North, Norfolk, England