Upcoming Timonium Md Show - Oren House? - YES!

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jan 20 22:20:43 EST 2009

Dick,

Thank you for your kind words; they are very much appreciated.

Yes, I will be hosting my annual open house of my model railroad on Saturday, January 31, 2009, from 6 pm to 10 pm. All Society members and their friends/guests are invited to attend. I will have directions available at the Timonium Show, but need to verify with the vendor that they will be able to hand them out. This should not be a problem.

For those not familiar with my layout, I model N&W's Shenandoah Valley line, between Front Royal and Waynesboro, VA, circa 1956. One of my crew has an outdated web page with information regarding my layout which can be viewed at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rdaniels2/

I am working on a new web site for the layout, but haven't completed it as of now.

We continue to make progress on several areas of the layout; I have about 95% of Virginia Oak Tannery at Luray, VA completed. Page Milling and Page Co-op have been built. Work progresses on the bridge over Hawksbill Creek in Luray, which is the site of one of Link's photographs of the kids in the water while a Y-Class passes over the bridge. Also, another of the buildings for Merck at Stonewall is just about completed.

I will have more information available regarding the open house early next week; if you are not attending Timonium, but would like to visit the layout on the evening of the 31st, feel free to email me at:

jfbrewer at comcast dot net

Looking forward to seeing many of you on the 31st!

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD