Signal question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Dec 2 05:45:36 EST 2008

Mark,
Here are a couple of photographs of the 1930's era signals on the Bristol Line.

http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/F1/NS4080.JPG  Crockett

http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns269.jpeg  Dublin

I haven't yet found anywhere on the Bristol Line that had a position light signal before the line was converted to CTC and signaled with position lights throughout in 1946-47.  But, the Clinch Valley, New River Valley or Christiansburg Districts may have had some of both.  I know the N&W had a few PL locations in that era, but don't know where exactly.

Ben Blevins