Signal question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 1 21:16:11 EST 2008

I'm JUST getting to the signals part of my 1930's era layout, and have
been looking for the drawing of the Block Signal, especially, the
height of the signal heads above the rail. I'm doing a generic
Southwestern Virginia look about 1934-1938. It's a two track all the
way around with just a few sidings, all manual. I have several sets
of single track crossover, some right to left some left to right. I
will most likely use a rotary switch for the lights, but didn't they
use both Semaphores and Block signals together? As you can see,
signals are my weak area.

Mark Lindsey
y3a at earthlink.net
Stuck in the 1930's