Atlas U30B Phase 2 in HO Scale

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Sep 12 03:11:09 EDT 2008

At 12:48 PM 9/10/2008 -0400, you wrote:

>going by on a train I will probably be happy; although I will

>probably try to backdate it to a "phase 1" unit and paint it blue

>with the "hamburger" logo markings.

Better off with the Proto 2000 shell - it's just about dead on. Easy
high nose job with the Hi-Tech kit. The hassle is dealing with the
6:1 geared, too-tall Proto drive. I put mine on Atlas drives, but it
takes a bit of work to fit them, and I had to mill .050" off the
bottom of the frame to allow the P2K fuel tank to fit properly.

Andy