Atlas U30B Phase 2 in HO Scale

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Sep 6 11:16:53 EDT 2008

Marty:
Hope your Lasik is working well for you I know many that it helped greatly.
There is no complaining whatsoever! Just an observation that the bell sat in the mold[?] to
long and it droops down. I guess that for a near $300 retail model I'd expect the most for the value
especially for something simple as a bell.
Yes it is an very easy fix. Yes I am thankful for the model. Yes, I have put the hole highnose on a U30B
proto phase 1 and enjoyed the project very much. I try to make my N&W models as correct as possible
and pointed out the bell difference for others who do the same and hope they would do the same for
those who want to know.
Happy N&Wing
Stephen

Stephen,

No I did not have my glasses on, because I just had Lasik a month ago;)!!
As for "pointing out a flaw", why can't you just be happy someone is doing a correct N&W model? If the bell bothers you, then change it. Would you rather have to put the whole high nose on? Or kitbash one with Athearn, RailPower and Atlas parts?

Atlas is doing a model that is unique to N&W. Be happy.

Marty Flick