bicentennial caboose

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Sep 3 21:03:49 EDT 2008

Another photo of 1776 is in the Norfork and Western Color Guide to
Freight and Passenger Equipment by Jim Nichols on page 95. according to
the info with the photo, it was still wearing the same paint job when
scraped. There is also mention of the repaint to 1776 and a different
color photo in the Norfolk and Western Caboose book by Bowers and
Brewer. As for the use of a Ex-Wabash caboose, it was probably available
at the time.
Joe Grzelak.