Track - Layout Diagrams of the Bluefield , WV and Pounding Mill, VA yards circa: 1946 to 1965

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Aug 22 13:04:01 EDT 2008

The N&WHS has the large blueprint of the layout of Bluefield Yard (about 36"
x 8 feet or so) that we have offered for a sale a number of times some years
ago. You can re-order it by sending a request to Archives at nwhs.org and
asking for it specifically. We'll print up a special order for you.

As to the other drawings necessary to illustrate the Right of Way from
Bluefield to Pounding Mill, the N&W created valuation drawings on D size
paper that encompassed about a mile and a half of track from a yard limit to
the next yard limit at the mile plus increments. These drawings show the
mile plus section as a plot.

Unfortunately, the N&WHS does not have all of these drawings available for
the Clinch Valley right now. (Although the archives are constantly
uncovering new materials!)

However, you should consider that some forty miles of track makes for a long
layout even in N scale.

Gary Rolih

Secretary N&WHS

_____