SKUNKS coming in N scale from Atlas

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 22 12:35:27 EDT 2008

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:

> From: NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>

> Subject: Re: SKUNKS coming in N scale from Atlas

> To: "NW Modeling List" <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>

> Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 11:32 PM

> At 11:22 AM 7/18/2008 -0700, you wrote:

> >Atlas will be doing their GP38 hi-nose in N&W's

> Skunk Scheme - 4104,

> >4107, and 4129!

> Strange, they still haven't done it in 13D... in HO or

> N. Paul told

> me that it was the wrong phase for an N&W 4100. Which

> is true, but

> it's no more wrong than the Southern units they did

> without the

> extended DB. And now they're doing it in skunk. Oh

> well... I was

> just curious because it's one more reasonable paint job

> they could

> put on the high nose - and they have done the HO GP40 in

> 13D. But,

> usually I do my own painting anyway.

> Andy

A certain Robb fellow pointed out quite a while ago that the closest proto to the N Scale Atlas GP38 HH are the units 1st delivered to the N&W (later units are less close to the Atlas model). Oddly enough, the 1st units N&W received are not 4100-4110 as you might expect.

Anyway, some of us have been bugging Atlas to do N&W for a while, and I think Cory took a particular interest in the Skunk scheme. So I think well finally see the 13D maybe in the next run.

Mark Peele
Catonsville