Bicentennial

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Apr 20 10:28:00 EDT 2008

Yeh, this is a great locomotive, I picked mine up on Thursday. It does seem to run very quiet compared to the older Athearns. By the way Jim, I still have that #1776 that you kitbashed for me some years back. It'll sit in a display case.
Dave Grigsby
-------------- Original message from NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org>: --------------

I've been told that the side frames included with this model are from Athearns's SD9 which are not completely correct for these units but can suffice from a distance. I've made reference to some photographs and will be relocating the cylinders to the centerline of the axles and removing the material in between the brakeshoes. All of mine run in a surprisingly quiet manner. I'm a happy camper nonetheless.

Todd