Modeling "rock fences"

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 8 07:31:57 EST 2008

I don't know what the rock fences looked like in N&W days, but they're
pretty simple now. The verticals are simply old rails driven into the
ground, with a square screen between them. Code 55 rails would be about
the right size. For the screen, you might be able to find an open mesh
window screen, veil material, or perhaps the mesh tape used for drywall
joints. Brace the whole thing with some wires from corner to corner.
That should please all but the most exacting of purists, I would think.

Kenneth Rickman