Diesel Tuscan Red

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 7 10:39:53 EST 2008

_____

We are thick headed dumb bunnies. We didn't even check the easy
reference..

In the Norfolk And Western Second Generation Diesels book, there are a
number of painting diagrams included in the back in the Painting chapter.
Of course there is one for the Passenger GP in Tuscan Red. Which states:

Tuscan Red Duco 282-93520 EMD number
8268698

Imitation Yellow Duco 254-57170 EMD number
8189372

And so on.

So, Steve Rineair, there is the correct color for your GP-9 Red Bird
Project. As we have noted, it will be too dark for a HO sized model, and
the metal flake powder is an issue ( add just silver paint?), but it is a
place to start.

Gary Rolih

Secretary N&WHS