NW-Modeling-List Digest, Vol 48, Issue 34

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 23 20:33:40 EST 2008

"The reason I need the color for the redbirds is that a manufacture is doing them and needs to know what is best."

Stephen,
Here is my two cents for what it's worth. Back in about 1972, when I wanted to paint my HO GEM J, Dad got me some of the red paint from the East End Shop. It was definately metallic red. I really didn't like the color for my J because it had a slight purple tint, very much unlike the more "tomato soup" color that I was expecting to see.
Take a look at Scalecoat's N&W Red and see what you think. It is about this same color, only non-metallic. I think that this paint is a good match for what MTH used on their N&W passenger cars. In my opinion I don't think that a metallic paint would translate very well into HO scale.
Jimmy Lisle